Pennie in her bed

Pennie in her bed
Is my dinner ready yet

intro

intro
Pennie - my 15 year old dog

Friday 28 May 2010

22.52.I am hoping to go to Brick Lane this sunday to do a bit of fly-pitching . Most of my life Ive been my own boss believe it or not before I had a run of bad luck I used to have a stall at Brick Lane on sundays another one at The Stables-Camden sat+sun and used to employ 3-5 homeless people to help me every weekend .I didnt take the piss or exploit them I used to give them £25 to help me between 7-2.Were talking the 90s here . I used to work non stop doing auctions ,boot sales checking skips buying stuff from squats ,.I used to sell bricabrac and collectibles but my passion was ephemera advertising collectables and comics.In the old days at Brick Lane most of us stall holders used to help each other. example-a stallholder gets a comic collection cheap he could sell it make a nice profit its not his thing so he sells it to me cheap . I then owe him one so when I have something he wants even though I can more than double my money ,it goes to him at cost .I used to love working there , then the developers move in and a lot of us were pushed out, killing the character of the area. I stopped going because the council were harassing us too much .Anyway I hear theyve eased off a bit so I think Ill try my luck .

No comments: