Pennie in her bed

Pennie in her bed
Is my dinner ready yet

intro

intro
Pennie - my 15 year old dog

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Prepaid card for Pennies Stroller.

You could not begin to imagine, the effect of not having a bank account is having on my life at the moment . I would like to sell things online to suplament my income ,but its difficult for me to recieve payments, unless I ask people to pay with Postal Orders (uncrossed) and I cant blame people for being wary about sending POs to complete strangers.Ive spent most of my life buying and selling all sorts of things at boot sales and markets, its all I know plus I enjoy it. Because of bad health and lack of transport , I think it would be better for me to start a online second hand shop. Im always picking up or getting given all sorts of things plus I spend most of my spare cash in charity shops. My rooms like a cross between Steptoes Yard/Blockbuster and Waterstones . With me being rehoused sometime in the near future I will be needing what ever money I can earn to fix it up , but thats in the future . Closer to home I am currently trying to raise the money to get Pennie her stroller and a digital camera for me , which I need in order to take pictures of the items I am going to sell . Yesterday I bought a Splash Plastic Prepaid Maestro card for £10 from Smiths in Balham and Im having difficulty regestering it , looks like I will be going to the St Mungoes office in the morning to use their phone to call the help line .My main reason for getting the card is to save for Pennies pushchair, everytime I get £20 I can put it on my card at apay-point . Pennie is not used to being on her own ,most her life she has gone everywhere with me . If I have to leave her with someone for a few hours she wont eat or drink and sits at the door until I return . She is happy to sit in our room on her own for a few hours, she usually gathers all my clothes and bedding and makes a nest for herself .I worry though when I leave her alone her eyesight is failing and she has accidents trying to climb on my bed and then jumping off , only last week she jumped into the TV and got wedged between the TV and the wall . When I take her anywhere I have to carry her beanbag(she wont sit down unless she has it) and other things ,which are a strain on me which is why I cant get out selling mags as often as I should .So the stroller/pushchair will be a great help to both of us . Some people think I spoil her to much saying things to me like "shes only a dog" which I can understand because until I got Pennie I myself couldnt fathom how some people get so attached to their animals . I nearly said pet but she is more than that , she is like a person to me and a very special one at that . With a bit of luck then by the end of this month you should see Pennie relaxing and taking things easy in her stroller. One last word ,if anyone has earned a comfortable old age , its her .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why not sign up to Freecycle and look for free giveaway baby strollers/push chairs in your area.

Join at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreeCycle-Wandsworth/