Pennie in her bed

Pennie in her bed
Is my dinner ready yet

intro

intro
Pennie - my 15 year old dog

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Two weeks ago I get a call from a friend , who Ive not heard from for 18months , he has not been well and needs a new liver, hence he is on the transplant list. Now if thats not bad enough about 7yrs ago he had his leg amputated just below the knee ,and before you ask his name is not Lucky.
It transpires that with all of his medical problems he needs a carer for 1 day a week, to help him with such things as shopping hoovering ect. He has asked me to accept the job , I told him I have no qualifications or experience at this sort of work, but says I will manage. He is due to go on holiday on mon so this week Ive been helping him get ready for that and have been asked to house sit for 2 weeks . Basically just go round every other day water the plants open the windows to air the house and check the mail . Thats part of the reason Ive not been out selling Big Issues this week . Ive to call on him lunch time friday to discuss what to do while he is away and arrange when to see him on monday to get the keys. Apart from the house watching Ive agreed to work 1 afternoon a week from 12-4.30 , we have not really talked about wages yet, but I know I will at least get min wage . It might not seem much ,but its a start and achange from selling mags and you never know it may lead to other things .
On friday I will be back in Balham with the 30 mags I am buying and a lot of patience as I try to sell them , so take care and buy your copy from a genuine vender - me if possible .

No comments: