Pennie in her bed

Pennie in her bed
Is my dinner ready yet

intro

intro
Pennie - my 15 year old dog

Wednesday 6 April 2011

A short update.

I wonder should I change the name of this blog because I stopped living in a world of misfortune a long time ago,but for now I will keep the woe for when I talk of things from my past. Im not in good health but consider myself very fortunate I never have any money but thats nothing new and I find the concept of money a bit abstract.I make it spend it or give it away usually on good food dvds or stuff I collect from charity shops.Some of you may think he shouldnt sell Big Issues he is not that hard up,well in comparrison with some sellers my takings are pathetic.Sometimes I get grief about my sales tecnique or lack of one,truth is I dont wish to force someone into buying by shoving my mags in their face or giving them a sob story.If someone buys from me I like to think it is because they want to,have made the descision themselves and have not been pressured by me.I could sell and make more if I lied about my circumstanses but wont,I want to give people the respect that I would like them to give me.
          I think Im lucky ,I live in a great country which is multicultural and thats how it should be,I dont see races religions or creeds all I see is people and no matter what our colour is we are all one and the same.I wish everyone held this view but sadly there are a few racists about,maybe in time they will become extinct making the world a better place.
         There was a time when I had no hope no future but selling Big Issues in Balham and meeting people from Twitter has changed all that, its not all about money I meet a lot of poor people who just stop to say hello and that can be better than getting £2 for a magazine,though I still like the £2.Over the next month or so I intend to write on the progress Im making fixing my flat up and the things I find to recycle,Ive got a nice little camra so will post lots of pics.If you read this and future posts I thank you for your interest.I will also write about things from my past that Im not to proud of and hope you realise Im not that person anymore.In 2004 I vowed to change my ways,I believe Ive been good since that April night- got to go Pennie is crying again.Talk to you all soon and may God bless you(whichever god you believe in)theyre all good. BYE-IAN.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah! I have only just found your blog, Ian (and Pennie, of course)! Now I know what you've been up to. Bit worried about (both) your health, so I hope you're OK.
I'm just back from visiting my family, so I'm back in the land of Twitter... I'll give you a shout via there.
Big hug,
Andrea (aka @DaisyTongy) xx